What is FSC?
The Forest Stewardship Council is an international association of members consisting of a diverse group of representatives from environmental and social groups, the timber trade and the forestry profession, indigenous people’s organizations, responsible corporations, community forestry groups and forest product certification organizations from around the world. (Visit www.fsc.org for more information).
What is COC (Chain-of-Custody)?
The Chain-of-Custody is the path which products take from the forest to the consumer, including all manufacturing, transformation and distribution links. Chain-of-Custody certification verifies that products from certified forests and controlled source or verified controlled source at any point in the supply chain. Chain-of-Custody certification assures the buyers and customers that the certified goods they buy are genuinely FSC certified product.
Now, buying the FSC products, your company can (provided that your company has obtained FSC-COC certification):
– increase competitiveness and satisfy clients’ needs
– use FSC Trademark on product to show social responsibilities
– ensure the wood is coming from well managed forests
– access to information on the origin of the wood products
– minimize commercial and environmental risks